So apparently I have been doing the whole “blog” thing wrong. Everything is supposed to be linked together (insta, twitter, Google+ (who has ever heard of that?) and then posts done in a specific order… at least as far as Pinterest is concerned.
So looking at the article I am reading right now, my first post was supposed to be an introduction post – which you can find here The Start of a Journey. My next post should be 20 facts about me. I guess to give you all more of an idea of who I am, and about me so you are more interested in my wonderful blog.
Some of my facts will be from before I started my migraines, some after.
- Until I was in 2nd year university I was almost never sick
- I hold grudges against people who forget my birthday
- As a kid, I would always be reading, even as I walked home from school – I wouldn’t even notice my dad following me in his car as he drove home from work.
- When I was in the 10th grade and agreed to switch from clarinet to oboe, in my mind, an oboe was a bassoon and I was too embarrassed to say anything.
- I am a “whoops” baby (My mom says surprise, my older siblings say huge mistake)
- Since being diagnosed with migraines I have bought almost every book I could find on the subject, and read none of them
- I will re-read the same books over and over again, rather than read new books
- Gilmore Girls is my favorite show (although I was not a fan of the Netflix special)
- I have played at Carnegie Hall twice (on oboe)
- Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version with Colin Firth) is possibly my favorite movie ever
- I asked my boyfriend to watch all the Harry Potter with me as a birthday present (save him some money) à he preferred to hire cleaning people for our house.
- I have never seen a single starwars movie, but I have seen spaceballs several times
- I have an irrational fear of tomato and tomato based products
- I have an overactive imagination and am convinced I will win the lottery one day
- Every year I re-read the Anne of Green Gables books
- I prefer salty snacks over sweet snacks
- I hate vacuuming, and once went over a year without vacuuming my house
- I worry that my migraines have isolated me so much, that I have very few friends/family that will put up with me anymore
- I love having long hair, but I hate washing it, drying it, brushing it – I wish it was all just magically clean and done
- I often have fantasies of basically being Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and just being able to point and do things. These are active fantasies I have, and I am now in my 30’s.
So now that pinterst is satisfied with my “second post” ’20 facts about me’ I can tell you all, that from 3am until, well, forever I’ve had a migraine. I almost went to the hospital at 3am but it’s the worst place for me to be with a migraine so I sucked it up until my boyfriend woke up and I asked him his thoughts. Then I spoke to a cousin and used the internet to see what their thoughts were.. In the end I used my Ceflay device for well over an hour (way against their 20 min guidelines) took a bath of Epsom salts and Lavender, drenched myself in peppermint oil, put an icepack on my head and a heat pack on my neck and used my Essential Oil diffuser to make the room smell like lavender (apparently good for headaches and very soothing) I ended up taking a nap. I woke up feeling much better, but still – migraine. One day I won’t have a migraine anymore, and when that day comes, it’ll be better then my dream of winning the lottery
Since todays post talked about me pre-post migraines, my features image today is me, before migraines took over my life. I was at a nightclub for a friends birthday/Halloween, way back in the days that I could go to nightclubs. I was supposed to be a fairy, but some crazy person stole my wings… and then apparently I borrowed someones cowboy hat. Also – for those that care, the LV bag I am carrying was soooo fake, the strap was held to the purse with staples
Until next time (where according to pinterst I get to tell you about my Blog Name and the meaning behind it)